Forum home The potting shed

Visit

ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 572
Visited Alnwick gardens today beautiful day the giant was cooling off but he had hung his wife’s washing out first.

• philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 9,633
    Sorry - that is so ugly - what a waste of a green space.
  • ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 572
    Every one to there own Alnwick garden is a charitable trust and as lots of schools and youngsters in groups visiting and learning ,also as a poison garden where you visit with a guide who advises on different plants and ther dangers ,I like that they keep it light hearted .philippa smith2 said:
    Sorry - that is so ugly - what a waste of a green space.

• Red mapleRed maple Posts: 195
    I  saw it last month, Zenjeff, and though it quite amusing. He is bathing in a very large pond,Philippa, so looks in context. The washing raised a smile with quite a few visitors.
  • CeresCeres Posts: 1,871
    It isn't to everyone's taste but I'm sure it must appeal to children. Keeping them amused on a garden visit is always tricky.
  • SheleenSheleen Southampton, in a gardenPosts: 51
    I would love to visit the poison garden at Alnwick .... I do have my own miniature version, but some plants are so hard to either come by, or to grow from seed. To have this place that is so interesting and educational is brilliant... and much as the giant and his wifes underwear made me smile... I just couldnt have anything like that in my garden - not even for the grandchildren lol
  • EricaheatherEricaheather North West uk Posts: 202
    I think that is brilliant. My kids would love that! Thank you for sharing
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,193
    I saw on TV the 'giant' being transported up the A1 to be installed in the garden. I think it is very amusing and can appreciate that children would love seeing it. Thanks for the pictures Zenjeff.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 572
    A few more from Alnwick Garden

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 30,193
    Gorgeous pictures @Zenjeff. Thank you so much for sharing them. Alnwick is now on my 'to-do' list!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable