Forum home Problem solving

Lavender help

My lavender hates my house !
why is it leaning - I thought it would stand up tall - I’m such a novice - help!

• Joy*Joy* Posts: 571
    Is it growing towards the sun? Did it fall over due to wind or rain? Mine is getting floppy because it has a huge amount of bloom and it needs  cutting back to produce more compact vigorous growth for next year ( it has been in for 4 years and so far has only had light pruning as I wanted the plants to knit together). I think that yours is too close to the wall.and it can only get light from one side.
  • BijdezeeBijdezee BPosts: 1,484
    Growth a bit too sappy? Maybe your soil is too good, making softer snappier growth. 
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,033
    There is a kind that grows like that. I've got them and they're coming out this year.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Does the lavender need watering @csvangell?  Bricks are porous and soak up water, so test the soil around the lavender to ascertain just how dry it is.  The sun is beating against the wall which will be very hot too.  Lavender does prefer thin, gritty soil with some fine gravel mixed into it so the water quickly drains away.  Perhaps the soil is too rich, however my money is on too hot and dry.  Having said that lavender doesn't do well in rich or heavy soil, so that could be another cause of the floppiness.