Forum home Problem solving

Wisteria shoots

Hi everyone, 
Newbie here and novice gardener. I was hoping for some advice regarding my wisteria. 
I have a juvenile wisteria, recently purchased from a garden centre it appears to be a named 'domino' floribunda variety, from a graphed root. 

When I got it home I noticed that some leaves were missing or had holes in, and that newer shoots may have been stripped back. I presumed this was a snail/slug problem. Gradually all of the new vines/shoots have turned brown and hard, and immature leaf shoots are dying. 

I've clipped back all of the dried hard brown shoots to the healthy green parts, but there's no other healthy new growth or shoots appearing. It seems the plant is now stagnant. 

I have some photos of the vines, can anyone advise what the problem could be? 

Any help would be very much appreciated, many thanks in advance! 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 10,503
    I wouldn't worry too much about the dead bits, what you are doing is fine. Is it still in a pot or have you planted it in the ground?  If in the ground, it needs to be at least 2 ft away from your wall as (1) it gets very dry right underneath and (2) you need to allow sufficient room for future growth (the main trunk can get quite big. Keep it well watered twice a week during the summer, then perhaps weekly thereon.  Good luck.