Forum home Problem solving

Trachelospernum jasminoides very red and drooping

Hi all, this poor old bush is really poorly and getting worse day by day. It’s been in the ground for years and all of a sudden it’s leaves above red, now drooping and curling. I only moved here last September so don’t know when it’s supposed to flower or if it’s supposed to drop leaves but this isn’t good. There’s also a black bird that has raised 2 lots of chicks already from there and now she’s exposed with her third 2 as the leaves have shrunk or dropped. Any other thoughts apart from drought- I’m in Devon and we have plenty of rain but I’ve also just given it a couple of gallons of water just in case. This photo was a couple of days ago and it’s got worse! Help

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,369
    It could be because it is about to shed leaves in order to grow new ones. I have a big one and it does that, just because it's evergreen doesn't mean it doesn't change leaves from time to time.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,107
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Dave HumbyDave Humby HampshirePosts: 1,142
    One of mine (in the ground) did that last year and ultimately keeled over. It was directly adjacent to a sister bush that is still perfectly healthy. I put it down to being 'one of those things' that happen.