Forum home Problem solving

Curry Plant?

Hi all. I hope you can help. I think this is a curry plant (label has disappeared) and whilst it is about to flower it looks really droopy and thin. Should I have cut it back in spring? It only went in last year. I have a soaker system so I think it’s got enough water. Any suggestions on what I should do? Many thanks. Sarah

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 13,014
    Does it smell like curry?
    There are ashtrays of emulsion,
    for the fag ends of the aristocracy.
  • Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 1,214
    It looks like a curry plant to me. I never water mine - I don't think they like being wet. I do cut mine back in spring but only because it gets so enormous if I don't.
  • sarahj237sarahj237 Posts: 13
    punkdoc said:
    Does it smell like curry?
    No it doesn’t actually but the leaves are so thin and weak I think that might be why...
    It looks like a curry plant to me. I never water mine - I don't think they like being wet. I do cut mine back in spring but only because it gets so enormous if I don't.
    Thank you. I have diverted the soaker hose so it doesn’t get any water and will see what happens. 
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,687
    It needs a lot of sun in fairly free-draining soil. In the photos, it's surrounded by plants that prefer moist semi-shaded conditions. Might be worth re-planting it into a more sunnier area with a lot of grit added into the soil. 
    It needs a lot of sun in fairly free-draining soil. In the photos, it's surrounded by plants that prefer moist semi-shaded conditions. Might be worth re-planting it into a more sunnier area with a lot of grit added into the soil. 
    Thank you. I thought it would be ok there  I don’t think I have any space anywhere else but will try to find somewhere!