Forum home Fruit & veg

tomato problem

Does any one know whether nutrient deficient tomato plants can be salvaged or is the damage permanent?  I am growing my toms in pots under cover and they just don't look right to me. They leaves have a dull dry look,  and they are. Also they have a purplish tinge and although they are fruiting they are not growing strongly. They have stopped trying to send out sideshoots and generally look sad. Perhaps I was slow to start feeding them. They are getting half strength tomorite about twice a week. Should I up it and could I give them some seaweed plant tonic as well, or is that not a good idea?

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,579
    @flowerpotgirl. Can you post a photo of the problem, difficult to say what’s wrong without seeing them. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thanks Lyn for answering, I did rather think you would say that, I quite understand. It's just that I did not know how to! If it works I should say that the pics are of the worst two of my plants. The one with "curvature of the spine" is a sungold and the other one is a shirley if that helps. The sungolds seem the worst affected. Hope you can see them ok.