Mediterranean Feel.

Hi, 
i am currently working on a new project in the garden with a Mediterranean feel to it in mind. 
I have gravelled the area and have a lovely seating area already in place below a pergola with honeysuckle Graham Thomas and rose Adelaide d Orleans. 
The problem is that my garden is overlooked by a primary school, at this moment in time I have a screen in place however I have space for a hedge, tall border or even a small tree. 

I have no idea what to put here that fits into the Mediterranean feel I have created. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,932
    A potted olive? It depends on how much shelter you can give it in winter. Honeysuckle and roses to me are English cottage garden.  Mediteranean, I tend to think dry heat lovers, such as thymes, Lavender, olives, maybe a potted lemon. The tall cypresses they grow can be mimicked by a skyrocket juniper.  Jasmine run along a trellis will give a lot od cover in summer, scented flowers, and they drop most of the leaves in winter when you probably don't want to be say out there anyway.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,715
    A fig?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh