Forum home The potting shed

Curmudgeon Corner not enough, need Utterly Disgusted.

2»

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,444
    And they weren’t allowed to use the money to build more local authority housing, which wouldn’t have been quite as bad ... so, no more council houses 
    😡 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 24,653
    so now a huge chunk of the money we pay in council tax goes on housing benefit for those who can't afford their rents ie straight into the banks of landlords.
    We're all paying to make them rich.
    Devon.
    Hostafan1 said:
    so now a huge chunk of the money we pay in council tax goes on housing benefit for those who can't afford their rents ie straight into the banks of landlords.
    We're all paying to make them rich.
    That was always the plan ... trickle down economics indeed 😡 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

It’s no coincidence that the companies marketing buy to let schemes started to proliferate at the same time 😡 

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 3,331
    agree it is awful, had a similar situation myself, my youngest was 5, Ex Husband tried to kill, while divorce is going through does a runner leaving me with a massive morgate, (30 years ago, it was just under £1000 per month) go to court, most humiliating day of my life, told by local authority I hav to stay there hand over the keys, (to s spotty face youth of about 18 from the building society!) otherwise I have made myself intentionally homeless, so I also lost most of my belongings furniture,carpets, as well that day, I couldnt afford storage faacilities.  WAS housed by LA, at the 9th hour, originally, told I would be in B & B 30 miles from home, and in those days, you were chucked out at 9am onto the streets, kids would have had to change school, as though they hadnt been through enough, was given a victorian place, that was being demolished to make way for a petrol station.One double one single bedroom, the 2 boys had the double, eldest daughter soaf downstairs, me, sofa upstairs, but heyho, year down the line, given tiny cottage, swapped to 3 bed semi, (new bloke 2nd Hubby met at work) bought it, etc etc, turned out OK though it was horrible at the time, and boy did I loose weight!