Forum home Problem solving

Is this powdery mildew?

jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 465
On a potted Acer Palmatum “Beni Maiko”:

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,324
    edited June 2019
    Looks like it to me ... remedy is several buckets of water every other day for a few weeks do that the soil deep down is nice and damp ... despite recent rains we’re still paying the price for last year’s long hot summer and a dry winter/spring and the soil deep down is very dry in a lot of places. 

Just noticed .. is it in a pot?  Can’t it go in the ground?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• B3B3 Posts: 21,434
    If you can immerse the pot in a bucket or sink full of water until the bubbles stop, that will help too.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 465
    Looks like it to me ... remedy is several buckets of water every other day for a few weeks do that the soil deep down is nice and damp ... despite recent rains we’re still paying the price for last year’s long hot summer and a dry winter/spring and the soil deep down is very dry in a lot of places. 

Just noticed .. is it in a pot?  Can’t it go in the ground?

It could go in the ground but my last Beni-Maiko that went in the ground died.  I find where I live that JM’s only thrive in the ground either when a bit older or planted out in winter.  I’m keeping stuff potted at first while I figure out if they like the position ... this cultivar seems to be problematic (Beni Maiko).