Ode to Alstroemeria (Peruvian Lily)
Just sharing my joy with this plant. It's not something I would choose myself (got it with the house), orange is my least favourite colour, but:
- It has a very long flowering season. Last year ended in November, this year started in mid-May.
- It had no watering in the last 10 months (ok, maybe once or twice), no feeding, no deadheading, no extra care.
- It's perfectly hardy, in my garden it even keeps some leaves over the winter.
- It has beautiful dark foliage, healthy, no pests, no problems.
- It makes a good cut flowers.
I have to look into more varieties. I checked a specialist website and there are tens or even low hundreds of possibilities... all colours... some nice reds, purple, white with a bit of pink, some of them very nice and no too colourfull. Some small, perfect for pots, some bigger for borders.
If you grow it, which are your favourite varieties?