Forum home Problem solving

Snake plant - drooping wrinkled leaves - something wrong, please help!

Hi - I went on holiday, and came back (after 1 week) to find my poor snake plants (some leaves) drooping and saggy - I'm guessing I over watered them last time, and some water collected at the bottom, and eventually caused this. 

I have dried out the soil - but the plant does not appear to be recovering - will it ever get better? Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

• TheveggardenerTheveggardener Posts: 1,057
    If improper watering or light isn't the problem then check to see if it's pot bound but only pot up by one size. To bigger pot can course root rot.

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,145
    We used to call this Mother in Laws tongue, once over watered the leaves go soggy and I don’t think they recover, my idea would be to pull it apart and re pot those young shoots in good free during compost with some grit added. 
    I hardly ever watered mine, maybe once in 3 or 4 months.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• shoktichaishoktichai Posts: 25
    Lyn said:
    We used to call this Mother in Laws tongue, once over watered the leaves go soggy and I don’t think they recover, my idea would be to pull it apart and re pot those young shoots in good free during compost with some grit added. 
    I hardly ever watered mine, maybe once in 3 or 4 months.
    Ah, that's sad that they won't recover :( I was always careful not to overwater, but I must've gone a bit overboard last time...plus these pots don't have drains, so the water must have collected at the bottom, and eventually caused this damage - stupid!

• If you pot them up as suggested
    and put the pot into its container put some grit into the bottom of the outer container that way excess water will drain away.