Forum home Problem solving

Water Lilly / Lillypad issue

jamesharcourtjamesharcourt West SussexPosts: 465
Hi there, I planted (submerged?) two of these last year (September time I think) and put a stick of slow fertilizer in each. 

This year, one is putting out lots of pads ... whereas the other has only managed 2 or 3 and each one has been small and has just disintegrated. 

Is there anything I should / could be doing here??   Woefully inexperienced and clueless with water plants I am.  

I've photo'd the unhealthy one twice and the healthy one once (in the middle) to show the diff. t

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,612
    it's been a funny old season, warm early , then cool, then hot , then cool again. no need to panic I'd say.
    Devon.
  • JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 1,008
    my waterlilies are way behind too this year, I wouldnt worry, they will throw up plenty of new pads in the coming weeks 
  • KeenOnGreenKeenOnGreen Posts: 1,629
    Agree with the above.  My older established plant threw up lots of tiny shoots months ago, but they only started to rapidly grow and reach the surface over the last week. A new plant which I put in the pond 3 weeks ago has grown very quickly during that time.  There is no logic to it!