Forum home Problem solving

Philodendron Selloum Yellow and Brown Edges

Hi! 

My Selloum started having yellow edges that turned brown until leaves started wilting. I did some reading and thought that I might have overwatered. But it has been more than a week now since my last watering and still, new leaves started to have the yellow brown edges again :( I have already removed about 4 leaves that wilted and there are only 3 leaves left. 2 of them already starting to have yellow and brown edges. 

I keep the plant near the window but not in direct sunlight i haven’t watered for about a week but the soil is still not dry to touch

Please help me.

thank you

• FireFire North LondonPosts: 17,116
    Hi, does it have any new growth coming through? New leaves poking up?
  • It did have one a few weeks ago. Now the sprout has grow. But its droopy. This is how it looks now
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,673
    Does the pot have drainage holes? If it's been too wet for any length of time, unfortunately the damage may already be done.  If there's no drainage you could try repotting it into a pot with holes, removing any sodden compost and any soggy rotting roots.  If there are healthy roots then it might have a chance of recovery.
  • Yes it does. I also checked the roots and they look healthy. I snipped off about 2-3 root tips that looked close to soggy then repotted it.
    Hopefully it will recover then.  Good luck!
  • I hope it will too!! Do you think, i should just let it be? Just water when needed and do nothing if it still doesn’t need watering? 
    Definitely don't water unless it needs it.  Most house plants are best allowed to dry out a bit (but not too much!) between waterings.  If the compost is fresh it shouldn't need feeding yet.  Make sure it has the right amount of light and isn't getting brushed against by passing people/pets, or standing in a cold draught or near a hot radiator (the last two are only usually a problem in winter), and it should be OK. Fingers crossed for it :)
  • I will! Thank you so much for all your help :)