Forum home Problem solving

What’s wrong with my Victoria Plum Tree?

My Victoria Plum Tree is clinging to life. But it’s very bare and has some odd nodules in the underside of the leaves. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Many, many thanks in advance

Sandra

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 21,227
    I would say that they are leaf galls. There are different types, but here is an explanation of them to give you a general idea.

https://www.thespruce.com/dealing-with-leaf-galls-1402697

What I would say is, your tree is growing in a very small pot. I would put it into something twice the size with nice fresh John Innes No 3 compost.

Doing that would relieve the stress it is under and maybe give it a better chance to survive the attack.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • willoffwilloff Posts: 2
    Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. This is the first time I’ve posted a question here. I had no idea something like this existed. It’s wonderful!

The tree came with us in a recent move and my plants and I are still settling in. ‘Project Plum Tree’ is now underway and a long overdue new home for it will happen this weekend. We will follow your guidance and I’m now more hopeful for its future. We will give it our best effort to help it recover. 

Once again, Thankyou

Sandra