Forum home Plants

THOMPSON AND MORGAN RANT

pvcpvc Posts: 4
Anyone else had poor customer service with this  firm I placed a order in january so ok they said it would be delivered in March.I then got a letter saying it will be delayed till start of May after several emails and phone call regarding the whereabouts of the  order they kept saying it would sometime this month . FinallyI had a enough of getting fobbed off  without any apology just phoned now to cancel after being told again it will be sometime this month, they should not advertise goods which they cannot fulfil I dont think I will ordering off them in the near future.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,198
    I'm afraid there's endless threads here about them. 
    You're better off contacting them via social media, if you can't get any response.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• pauline66pauline66 Posts: 1
    I too had awful trouble with Thompson and Morgan.  I had spent over £200 with them and the delivery was appalling, if I was lucky enough to actually receive the order.  I emailed and 'phoned them repeatedly with not much help.  They are the same company as Van Meuwen, so no wonder people are complaining about them too.  It's a shame because when the plants arrive on time they are generally in very good condition.  It's the shabby customer service that really annoyed me.
  • pvcpvc Posts: 4
    Thank you for the link it very interesting read just had a  email regarding my complaint and said  it was down to computer teething problems and as a good will measure they want me spend £40 and they will give me £10 off which is a joke and still there customer relations does not get any better .

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,365
    That’s a rubbish response. 😠 
    Are you on Twitter? I’m not but it does seem that people who tweet their dissatisfaction with T&M get a more acceptable response from them as they know they’re on public view. 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    People learn from mistakes. I used them this year amongst others. Next year it's crocus all the way for me ☺☺
  • B3B3 Posts: 21,468
    edited July 2019
    I suppose I'm spoilt for choice and not particularly particular about getting a specific plant but I've never used any of these online sites but I did once buy some bare root roses from a shopping channel and they were great.
    In London. Keen but lazy.