Forum home Problem solving

Blueberries are shriveling up

I have a southern highbush blueberry plant, and the blueberries were initially doing well, but now they're all shriveled and unhappy-looking. 

I water only when the soil is wet. It's in acidic soil that is well draining. I put blueberry-specific fertilizer around its base. It gets a lot of sun. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    edited June 2019
    Are you watering enough? Blueberries originate
    in boggy ground and like their roots damp at all times. We keep ours damp and give them approx 4-5 litres of rainwater per plant every alternate day ... more frequently in sunny weather. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    yes, Dove is quite right, is it potted I cant tell, you put you water when the soil is wet, asuming that was a mis spell.  The high winds we have been having together with any sun will dry them out rapidly.
  • Are you watering enough? Blueberries originate
    in boggy ground and like their roots damp at all times. We keep ours damp and give them approx 4-5 litres of rainwater per plant every alternate day ... more frequently in sunny weather. 
    Ok! I will water it a bit more! 
  • yes, Dove is quite right, is it potted I cant tell, you put you water when the soil is wet, asuming that was a mis spell.  The high winds we have been having together with any sun will dry them out rapidly.
    Ok! Yeah I meant I only water when the soil is dry. That's embarrassing😅
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,491
    I guessed that 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh