Forum home Problem solving

Camellia problem

one of my camellias has suddenly developed leaves that look burnt at the end. Don’t think it’s insects but wondered what it might be. Any ideas?

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 6,526
    Hello Susan,
    It may just be weather-related, either wind burn or if you have has heavy rain followed by sun, then sun scorch. Is it otherwise happy, planted in acid soil, watered sufficiently and are the leaves apart from the ‘burnt’ bits a healthy dark green? 

If you could post a photo of the leaves  - use the little mountain icon above the text box to select and download the photo from your device - then that will help to ID the problem correctly. 
  • This is the problem ias talkng about with my camellia 
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 6,526
    Thanks for the photo, hmm, looks like more than weather damage, but not sure what it is! Hopefully someone else in the know will chip in to help...
  • EricaheatherEricaheather North West uk Posts: 204
    I recently rescued a couple of camellia, one of which had similar issues. I planted them in large pots with ericacious compost and they have thrived! I cut out a lot of the unsightly leaves and just basically left it alone since. Maybe give it a feed and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck