Tomato Purple leaves??

ECEC Posts: 22
Been away for few days and I've come back to purple black leaves with the colouring between the veins.
Please don't be blight!
We've had severe rain along with most of the country could this be a factor? 

Please help! 

• Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    It looks like a very dark corner? they need good light, sun, it probably is just the cool weather and rain can you lift the pot off the ground if its not already this will allow it to drain better Toms like to be damp but not wet at the roots.

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • mrtjformanmrtjforman Posts: 214

Temperature

Tomato plants prefer warm weather and should not be planted outdoors until the temperature remains at a steady 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Planting tomatoes outdoors too early or in a greenhouse that is too cool can cause the leaves of young plants to turn purple. Even if the daytime temperatures are warm in spring, the nights may be too cool for tomatoes and this change in temperature can cause the leaves to curl and turn purple. This is generally a short-term problem, but it can slow the tomato plant's growth.

However I will go with what hog is saying, the plant is not getting enough sunlight and is too "chilly"

• GardenGrower11GardenGrower11 NottinghamPosts: 295

Temperature

Tomato plants prefer warm weather and should not be planted outdoors until the temperature remains at a steady 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Planting tomatoes outdoors too early or in a greenhouse that is too cool can cause the leaves of young plants to turn purple. Even if the daytime temperatures are warm in spring, the nights may be too cool for tomatoes and this change in temperature can cause the leaves to curl and turn purple. This is generally a short-term problem, but it can slow the tomato plant's growth.

If you're going to just cut and paste somebody else's writing, I believe you should credit the source.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/causes-tomato-plants-purple-41716.html
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,738
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • mrtjformanmrtjforman Posts: 214
    the aim here is to help fellow gardeners which I did. I could have just said the temp is too low but I thought I would just double check and found the wording better than what I could write.
    As such I felt like no I did not need to credit the source as I was not writing a novel but a little personal insight, even if the wording has been plaguirised but thank you for validating the genuineness of my source, I am sure EC would not have been able to understand what I had written without it.