Forum home Garden design

Garden planner

I am moving house later this year to an overgrown plot, much larger than I am used to, in Dorset. 

I have a clear idea of what I want to i to look like, so not looking for design ideas as such.  I am looking for someone who can plot out the garden to scale and recommend where retaining walls should go etc. When I have googled this service I mainly come across software or people looking to sketch out designs.

can anyone suggest what I should google to find someone who can help me with this somewhat utilitarian task?

Many thanks, John


  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    I think for what your asking you will need to find a garden designer they will do the hard landscape drawing work for you.
    Or look for at local horticultural collages there maybe a student that would do it as part of their course work.
    There are also loads of good 3D software design programs available if you want to give it a go yourself.

    "You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 987
    Hampshire Hog has just beaten me to suggesting contacting this Dorchester based college
  • That's great...thanks for swift response.  Certainly won't risk it myself as me and accuracy don't always go hand in hand!

Sign In or Register to comment.