How to design my garden? Help!

In a new build property.

Can anyone give me advice, pointers or good links on how to design my garden? e.g. inspiration, planning.

Thanks,

Ben

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,497
    Hi Ben, a few questions to help you get advice  :)
    How big is it ?
    Do you know which way the garden faces, is it sunny/shady ?
    Any ideas what the soil is like e.g. clay. Does it have a load of builder's rubbish buried underneath it? 
    Do you have children/pets?
    Do you want a lawn? 
    Do you want to grow veg?
    And finally,  do you want a modern contemporary look, or a more traditional feel ?

Welcome to the forum  :)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,754
    Hi @ben.kelly1983 and welcome 😊 
    Can you post some photos of the garden ad it is now, anc let us know what you want to do in your garden ... grow veg, entertain, lounge around in the sunshine, that sort of thing ... do you have children and/or pets?

Do you like traditional gardens with a lawn or do you like small paved spaces with tall planes dividing the areas, pergolas, water features?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,608
    Stroll around the neighbourhood and look at what is growing in more established gardens.  If you get the chance, chat to their owners; if you show an interest in their gardens, they will probably be glad to tell you what's what.  Take photos of any plants you fancy, post them on here and someone will be able to ID them for you.  Whatever grows in your neighbours' gardens is likely to grow in yours, since the soil and climate will be the same.