Competition results

Morning All,

I've noticed that when I look at the competition results recently they never announce who the winners are only to come back and check later.

Is this me or are other people finding the same? If so does anyone know why this is the case.

Thanks
Phil.

• kerankeran Posts: 26
    I contacted them about this today PianoPhil.  They told me they were going to change it soon as they are not allowed to announce winners names on the website probably due to new GDPR rules.  I suggested they said winners notified instead.  :)
  • PianoPhilPianoPhil Posts: 8
    Thanks - sounds very bureaucratic. Yes your message sounds far better.
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 533
    Something like "Alex from Berkshire" would suffice. First name and county doesn't identify anyone.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,943
    But it could result in all the Alexes in Berkshire being pestered by firms wanting to sell them accessories for the conservatory they’ve won .... there’s a lot to this data protection stuff that doesn’t immediately spring to mind ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PianoPhilPianoPhil Posts: 8
    The funny part is that I received post end of last week for gloves and seeds, which I'm presuming I have won, but wasn't informed I had won...
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,943
    Possibly the GW website team have a bigger To Do pile than the folk sending out the gloves and seeds? 😂 

Enjoy the gloves and seeds 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh