seeds sowing now?

2»

• dpatel2130dpatel2130 Posts: 95
    @Posy @Nanny Beach @Lyn @Jacquimcmahon, Thank you. Satisfaction from growing from seeds and joy of watching them grow ,getting it wrong and one day get it right is wonderful feeling and that can not be bought from shop plants. It is encouraging to hear from like minded people. thank you for sharing thoughts.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,914
    A lot cheaper of course, if you dont factor in a small amount of compost, seed sowing VERY sore point today, (neighbours has casually 'fessed up to having mice nad rats in their garage (next to their house) I sowed a load of different seeds yesterday, was moving them fron greenhouse, near to next door, to side greenhouse, got interupted by a friend calling round, forgot to move the rest, this morning, all the white sunflowers have gone and some other blooming expensive seeds just bought from Sarah Raven.  Years ago, we had chicken, kept them (their feed in metal container with tight lid )down in our veg plot.  One day knock at the door rather rude nasty man from public health, with a warrant thing said he had right of entry, because it was reported we had rats, he said he was putting poison under the shed, said I wasnt happy because I had chicken, dogs,cats, toddler, he said he took precidence.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,736
    I hope he put the rat bait in a proper purpose made box.😱
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.