Surfina problem....

A few of the Surfina in my hanging baskets have yellowed leaves and just a few of the leaves are mottled. Is this a soil deficiency or a disease do you think? 

• B3B3 Posts: 10,019
    Is there good drainage from the container?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,137
    You’ve got far too many in a small container, if you can remove all but three I’m sure they’ll be fine.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,686
    They look hungry to me, all stealing each others food. I would just leave three, as Lyn says, and give them a liquid feed and some 6 month slow release fertiliser pellets.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • MemetraderMemetrader Posts: 38
    B3 said:
    Is there good drainage from the container?
    Yes very good, plastic lined with drainage holes near the bottom.
    Lyn said:
    You’ve got far too many in a small container, if you can remove all but three I’m sure they’ll be fine.
    They are large diameter baskets and have the same number (6) of plants as previous years.
  • MemetraderMemetrader Posts: 38
    They look hungry to me, all stealing each others food. I would just leave three, as Lyn says, and give them a liquid feed and some 6 month slow release fertiliser pellets.
    They have had slow release fertilizer pellets since planting and the number of plants is the same as previous years which have produced a wonderful display.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,686
    ?Mystery. Is there any chance they could have been sprayed with glyphosate? Wind?
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,372
    ... or if a pet has peed on it.