Ginger lily

I bought a ginger lolly bulb last year at the show. Set it in a good sized pot and it started to grow very slowly. I brought it in the conservatory through the winter and now the leaves are yellow going brown. 
Is it dying or is this normal? 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,561
    Put it into full sun if you can, and it needs feeding and regular watering You can cut the old leaves off , almost down to the floor, and it should resprout.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Thanks I will try that!! 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,302
    if you give the old stems a good tug, they'll come off clean at the base, encouraging new stems to grow. 
    I dug mine up this year as , even after last year's long hot summer, I didn't get a single flower.
    Devon.
  • Sounds like they are a bit of  a challenge then!!
    hope you have better luck this year!! 
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 401
    Mine didn't produce any flowers either...at least the leaves were fairly glamorous. Heavens knows what will happen this year with the current horrible weather.
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • I am going to the GW show on Sat so I will ask the best way to grow to produce flowering!! 
    I feel for the hard working people that are doing the show this week. Luckily a lot is undercover!! 
    We did want some rain but not this much!!