Fuchsia dropping bloom's

andra1942andra1942 South Ayrshire ScotlandPosts: 5
My standard fuchsia  'Britny' is dropping  fresh bloom's (not withered).
It is growing strongly, in my greenhouse and being fed once a week with Miracle Grow.

Can someone please tell me why this is happening.

Photo attached.
Thumb of 2019-06-09andra5474ad
Now my other small standard fuchsia 'Paula Jane' has started doing something similar with buds rotting and falling.
Is this because there are too many buds on the plants due to possible over feeding or have they got some diseases?
2 more photos attached.

Thumb of 2019-06-12andra1f24da

Thumb of 2019-06-12andra18facb

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,322
    I don't grow them, but I think you might be ovedoing the feed. If not, I'm sure someone who grows them will be along to advise better.
    If they have decent quality compost to grow in, they shouldn't need anything else for a while  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,280
    I wonder if this is similar to the "June drop" when fruit trees shed some of their little green fruitlets?  Resulting in the remaining fruits growing bigger and better and sweeter. The plants you've shown us are smothered in flowers, how many more do you want?!  One of the things I love about fuchsias is that you don't need to deadhead them.  They always look good because the flowers drop off before they wither and fade.  I think @Fairygirl is probably right that they are overfed.  They look very healthy.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,933
    I would put them outside as it may be too hot in a greenhouse for them. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • andra1942andra1942 South Ayrshire ScotlandPosts: 5
    Fairygirl said:Fairygirl said:
    I don't grow them, but I think you might be ovedoing the feed. If not, I'm sure someone who grows them will be along to advise better.
    If they have decent quality compost to grow in, they shouldn't need anything else for a while  :)
    Thank you Fairygirl. I will try cutting the feed down.

josusa47 said:
    I wonder if this is similar to the "June drop" when fruit trees shed some of their little green fruitlets?  Resulting in the remaining fruits growing bigger and better and sweeter. The plants you've shown us are smothered in flowers, how many more do you want?!  One of the things I love about fuchsias is that you don't need to deadhead them.  They always look good because the flowers drop off before they wither and fade.  I think @Fairygirl is probably right that they are overfed.  They look very healthy.
     Thank you Josua47. I'm not Looking for more flowers, I have never had a fuchsia with so many and I think you are correct.
    hogweed said:
    I would put them outside as it may be too hot in a greenhouse for them. 
    Thank you hogweed. I will now put them outside in daytime for a week and then put them out permanently as
     I was hoping to be able to do.

Have just had a thought. I creosoted a small part of my greenhouse (inside). Would the fumes have caused this? No other plants were 
    effected.