Weed id

Could you help with the identification of this weed? The flowers are small with a white colour and the leaves are greyish. It spreads quite fast.
Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    It’s not usually regarded as a weed ... it’s  Cerastium tormentosum ... aka Snow in Summer ... a pretty little herbaceous perennial. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/167.shtml
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• status049status049 Posts: 20
    Many thanks for this. It is indeed pretty. However my cat likes to eat it but does not appear to suffer from any ill effects.
    I can see some grass growing amongst it ... cats often eat grass, perhaps this is attracting it. Maybe  if you weed the grass out the cat will leave the plant alone? Might be worth a try 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• dappledshadedappledshade Top of the Hill, North London Posts: 361
    I can see some grass growing amongst it ... cats often eat grass, perhaps this is attracting it. Maybe  if you weed the grass out the cat will leave the plant alone? Might be worth a try 😊 
    Reading that without my glasses on, I read "If you weed out the cat" 😁
    🎼"I've been driving in my car, it don't look much but I've been far, I drive up to Muswell Hill, I've even been to Selsey Bill..."🎹
    edited 12 June
    👓 😆