Summer weather

BirminghamMarc1972BirminghamMarc1972 Birmingham Posts: 574
Any predictions for our weather this summer. After last year's heatwave we were told this is how summers were going to continue due to global warming but looking out the window now the rain is of biblical proportions and has bought down part of next doors guttering and I can see 2 of my sunflowers are missing presumed snapped and my  buddleia has broken new growth. British summertime 🙈🙈🙈☁☔💧

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,468
    edited 11 June
    Afraid global warming is a misnomer and an outdated term ... don’t think anyone but POTUS uses it any more 🙄

The term used is Climate Change and what we’ve been warned to expect is more extremes of weather ☀️ 🌧 ❄️ 💨 ... mind you, the fact that you describe your rain as being of ‘biblical proportions’ indicates that heavy rain has been around for a good many years 🌈

Our weather is changeable and I predict more of the same 🤣 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,036
    The weather is just being its usual self for our temperate climate I'm sure a lot of us here remember some very cold winters of 50s 60s and some beautiful scorching hot summers 60 70s  its just an earth cycle been doing it for millions of years and will continue to do so long after we have all died out.

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • BirminghamMarc1972BirminghamMarc1972 Birmingham Posts: 574
    Afraid global warming is a misnomer and an outdated term ... don’t think anyone but POTUS uses it any more 🙄

The term used is Climate Change and what we’ve been warned to expect is more extremes of weather ☀️ 🌧 ❄️ 💨 ... mind you, the fact that you describe your rain as being of ‘biblical proportions’ indicates that heavy rain has been around for a good many years 🌈

I still use global warming because I don't like the term climate change because it reminds me of the people that cause trouble 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,468

I still use global warming because I don't like the term climate change because it reminds me of the people that cause trouble 
    Confused of Norfolk here  ... afraid you’ll have to explain that ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,767
    Our summer weather so far has been much the same as usual. Wet, dry, windy, single figure temps overnight etc, but since summer's only just started, it's a bit early to make any kind of judgement as to whether this year is any different to any other year. 
    Winter was a bit drier, which just means fewer snowfalls here. We only had about three. 

And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,238
    As there’s two weeks to go until summertime it’s a bit early to judge the summer weather, seems some people have a crystal ball and know all, but here it’s the same as it’s been for the last 35 years we’ve been here.
    Last year we had a very hot coupe of weeks, that was about all, and I don’t think that was during summertime. 
    There are areas of the country that are naturally wet and some dry. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Confused of Norfolk here  ... afraid you’ll have to explain that ... 
    When they have climate change protests they give police a tough time, cost taxpayers money and are guilty of public order, vandalism ect
    Please do not put Like on my posts. 

That's what is there for if you agree with somebody's post but haven't got time to reply 
    But you have had time to reply, you’re replying now!