Forum home The potting shed

The 'Like' button: Have your say

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,223
    I have others from the old days....

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,390
    edited June 2019
    Hostafan1 said:
    flying off a slight tangent.... do folk actually scroll back to see if anyone has " liked " their posts? or would that just the height of vanity?
    That thought had crossed my mind too! @Hostafan1  

If I post something which I consider the height of wit and repartee or I make a serious comment concerning a topic on which I have very strong views - well then I might go back to see whether anybody even noticed - but TBH I don't get upset if they don't.

The majority of my comments on this forum comprise friendly tips or the sort of mindless banter exchanged while standing in a queue. I don't feel the need for anybody to 'Like' what I say - although I could probably take offence if people actively 'Disliked' it.

However, some of the comments made on the 'Like button' topic, along with the petty squabbles and a bit of stirring from certain quarters - well they've all made me rather want a 'WTF' button....🤔
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,518
    👍
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,794
    👍 here too! 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,279
    I think there’d be a few on here that would be in uproars if we had a WTF button.  They take offence at next to nothing now, can we have one, just to try.? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    😂😂😂😂😂
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 974
    A ‘Have you been eating the fruit of the stupid tree?’ button has a nice horticultural ring. 
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 601
    Hostafan1 said:
    Just an observation. There are effectively 2 options for keeping it, but only one option to lose it.
    I'd have thought a simple "keep" or "lose" might have simpler.
    Look what happened to the last binary referendum!  
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,753
    Helix said:
    Hostafan1 said:
    Just an observation. There are effectively 2 options for keeping it, but only one option to lose it.
    I'd have thought a simple "keep" or "lose" might have simpler.
    Look what happened to the last binary referendum!  
    and this whole debacle has been at least as divisive as the last
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,783
    It's often been said that an 'undo' button would be really useful in real life. I think I would perhaps find more use for 'WTF?' button here in the real world than I would on the Forum.

Perhaps I should write to my MP
    You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away and know when to run
This discussion has been closed.