Forum home The potting shed

The 'Like' button: Have your say

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,820
    I have others from the old days....

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,559
    edited June 2019
    Hostafan1 said:
    flying off a slight tangent.... do folk actually scroll back to see if anyone has " liked " their posts? or would that just the height of vanity?
    That thought had crossed my mind too! @Hostafan1  

If I post something which I consider the height of wit and repartee or I make a serious comment concerning a topic on which I have very strong views - well then I might go back to see whether anybody even noticed - but TBH I don't get upset if they don't.

The majority of my comments on this forum comprise friendly tips or the sort of mindless banter exchanged while standing in a queue. I don't feel the need for anybody to 'Like' what I say - although I could probably take offence if people actively 'Disliked' it.

However, some of the comments made on the 'Like button' topic, along with the petty squabbles and a bit of stirring from certain quarters - well they've all made me rather want a 'WTF' button....🤔
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • B3B3 Posts: 13,150
    👍
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,309
    👍 here too! 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,915
    I think there’d be a few on here that would be in uproars if we had a WTF button.  They take offence at next to nothing now, can we have one, just to try.? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    😂😂😂😂😂
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,296
    A ‘Have you been eating the fruit of the stupid tree?’ button has a nice horticultural ring. 
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 622
    Hostafan1 said:
    Just an observation. There are effectively 2 options for keeping it, but only one option to lose it.
    I'd have thought a simple "keep" or "lose" might have simpler.
    Look what happened to the last binary referendum!  
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,213
    Helix said:
    Hostafan1 said:
    Just an observation. There are effectively 2 options for keeping it, but only one option to lose it.
    I'd have thought a simple "keep" or "lose" might have simpler.
    Look what happened to the last binary referendum!  
    and this whole debacle has been at least as divisive as the last
    Devon.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,843
    It's often been said that an 'undo' button would be really useful in real life. I think I would perhaps find more use for 'WTF?' button here in the real world than I would on the Forum.

Perhaps I should write to my MP
    “This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
This discussion has been closed.