Forum home The potting shed

The 'Like' button: Have your say

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 27,167
    flying off a slight tangent.... do folk actually scroll back to see if anyone has " liked " their posts? or would that just the height of vanity?
    Devon.
  • B3B3 Posts: 16,474
    I noticed them the first day and now I've tuned them out.. My main regret is the loss of the green imgonnathrowup emoji 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,031
    I just did and nobody has.
    Depressed now☹️
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Did what?
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,956
    I think agree or disagree could be useful. When someone posts an answer to a question, an "Agree" button would add something to the original poster, without having to repeat information.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    B3 said:
    Did what?
    Did what Hosta said. You snuck in and spoiled the flow of the conversation.🙄

You can copy my green throwieuppie  and keep it in your photos or something for later.  Here you are.

Sorry! But thank you for your wonderful gift 
    I have others from the old days....

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 6,047
    edited June 2019
    Hostafan1 said:
    flying off a slight tangent.... do folk actually scroll back to see if anyone has " liked " their posts? or would that just the height of vanity?
    That thought had crossed my mind too! @Hostafan1  

If I post something which I consider the height of wit and repartee or I make a serious comment concerning a topic on which I have very strong views - well then I might go back to see whether anybody even noticed - but TBH I don't get upset if they don't.

The majority of my comments on this forum comprise friendly tips or the sort of mindless banter exchanged while standing in a queue. I don't feel the need for anybody to 'Like' what I say - although I could probably take offence if people actively 'Disliked' it.

However, some of the comments made on the 'Like button' topic, along with the petty squabbles and a bit of stirring from certain quarters - well they've all made me rather want a 'WTF' button....🤔
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    👍
This discussion has been closed.