Could anyone pls help with plant identification?

Visited a friend's garden at the weekend and they had a few plants they and I couldn't identify so I offered to help through this forum. Here's hoping! :)
Plant 1 (they don't know where this came from):

Plant 2 (some kind of iris?):

Plant 3 (some kind of giant trefoil weed to be pulled out?):

Plant 4 (afraid photo close-up not very good, should it be pruned, whatever it is?):

Plant 5:
Many thanks for any help on these!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,118
    edited 10 June
    1. Euphorbia lathyris (don’t get the sap on your skin ... can cause ‘burns’)

2.  Iris foetidissima (lovely red seeds later)

3. Need to see flowers

4.  Need clearer pic. 

5. Lysimachia punctata
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• bullfinchbullfinch Posts: 167
    4 might be a buddleia
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    Hi lesley. Plant 1 looks like euphorbia lathyris, a weed. Wear gloves when pulling it up as the milky sap can cause skin irritation.
    Plant 2, iris foetidissima.
    Not sure about the others but interested to see what plant 4 is as I think I spotted something similar on a walk the other day. The fluffy white flowers were very pretty.
  • Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,000
    #3 Cytisus Scoparius (Common Broom) ?
    You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Wow! Such quick answers! Thank you all very much for your answers, suggestions and warnings - all very useful. What a knowledgeable lot you are. I'll see if my friends can send me a better picture of plant 3 and 4 but can see how 4 has a bit of the look of buddleia. I sometimes struggle with getting clear shots in the sun with my camera. Thank you all so very much. :)
  • FlyDragonFlyDragon Greater ManchesterPosts: 81
    Last one is yellow loosestrife, it’s lovely but it does spread easily.
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 603
    edited 10 June
    I think Papi has number 3. that was my thought before I scrolled down too. And could number 4 be some form of lilac?
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 3,171
    Picture four looks like Deutzia Scabra. The flowers normally smell like honey. If so, they can be pruned back a bit after flowering. Any old and weak stems can be pruned right back. This helps the shrub to send out more new branches. 
  • Paul B3Paul B3 Posts: 2,726
    Agree with Borderline , looks like a tired old Deutzia (pic.4) .
  • Thank you Borderline. I've provided a link to this thread for my friends to read and they're likewise impressed with all the responses. They now know what they're dealing with.
    Thank you everyone who posted!