Leaky hose

I have a few yards of this unused.  If anyone is close enough to me  ( SW UK ) and would like to collect it, they would be more than welcome :)

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,371
    Maybe you should call it a porous or seep hose rather than leaky which implies broken.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 8,079
    Never thought of that Obelixx - I wonder if I can change the thread title ?  Seems such a waste for it to be sitting here where I cannot use it.  Thanks for pointing that out :)
  • Plot75Plot75 SurreyPosts: 54
    Would you consider placing a few more good holes in and using it as a soaker hose around plants under the soil? 
    Mix 2tbsp of white,granulated sugar with 1tbsp of water and place on a spoon for a Bee to reach. Sometimes they're too exhausted to reach back to the hives when it's hot and dry. 
    No need for more holes as it works well - I used it in my last garden on my veg plot and left it in situ for the new owners.
    I found I had plenty  (unused) left over when I moved but cannot use it here hence the offer - just seemed a shame for it to sit around if someone else could use it :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,523
    Think @SelinaPlot75Johnny5 has misunderstood ... she seems to think you have an ordinary hose that leaks, rather than a ‘Leaky Hose’/soaker hose/seep hose 😆 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Ah - I do seem to have made a complete balls up on this.  Obelixx pointed out that the title may be misleading but I couldn't find a way of changing it so made a new thread entitled Seep ( porous ) hose.
    Did wonder whether to ask if the Leaky Hose thread could be deleted as I couldn't find a way to do it myself. Given that the mods have other things on their mind at present, I didn't bother.
    Actually, maybe I will just drape it along the top of the wall thru the shrubs and roses, make a pointy "tail" one end, paint a couple of eyes the other end and wait for people to say " OMG, have you seen that huge snake at No. * - it's a whopper "  :D  

• Plot75Plot75 SurreyPosts: 54
    edited June 2019
    Think @SelinaPlot75Johnny5 has misunderstood ... she seems to think you have an ordinary hose that leaks, rather than a ‘Leaky Hose’/soaker hose/seep hose 😆 
    I now sit corrected 🤦‍♀️ although I feel a tad better I wasn't the only one that thought the same tee hee
    Mix 2tbsp of white,granulated sugar with 1tbsp of water and place on a spoon for a Bee to reach. Sometimes they're too exhausted to reach back to the hives when it's hot and dry. 

I now sit corrected 🤦‍♀️ although I feel a tad better I wasn't the only one that thought the same tee hee
    Not to worry Selina - my fault entirely but as you can see above, if no one wants it, I now have a use for it  ;)
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 4,356
    You could always try advertising it on Freegle if you get no takers on here Philippa. I did think about it as I think you're on the Somerset levels but it doesn't really make sense for me to make a special 60 mile round trip. Thanks for the offer though.
    Unfortunately I don't have any more garden related stuff to actually give away ( unless you want some Cymbidium orchids ? ) to make it worth your while.
    I don't  seem to have much luck with the Free sites but haven't actually tried Freegle - I'll give it a go.  Otherwise, it's the Snake job :D