Forum home Problem solving

resolva natural power spray.

kelibremnerkelibremner EdinburghPosts: 17
Hey folks, 

I'm new here, and I've joined this forum because I've hit a conundrum!!! greenfly in my greenhouse. I've tried soapy water over the years and it's never worked, and I found myself buying resolva natural power spray, I hate the idea of using this spray, but I love my greenhouse!!! 
Does anyone on here use it and happy using it!? 

Thanks Kellie. 

• FireFire LondonPosts: 11,548
    edited June 2019
    I would be highly suspicious of any product with the word "natural" in it. Vague, woolly and always misleading.

The ingredients list just says "a unique blend of plant safe physical control surfactants with essential nutrients". Lol.  I'm amazed they can get away with that. I thought they had to give a proper list these days. Could be strychnine soap.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,466
    I think l would prefer to use soapy water spray and a bit of squishing (if you're not squeamish). Failing that, nematodes. How bad is the infestation?  Are they on everything? 
    Welcome to the forum by the way  :)
  • kelibremnerkelibremner EdinburghPosts: 17
    Thank you for your reply, I've been thinking I don't like it, so I guess that's the way forward 😁 I've been doing a wee bit of reading up on other ways to keep them to a minimum, I guess the truth is, there's no quick fix without repercussion. 
    I'm going to try squirting them off with water first. 
    AnniD Hi, it's not bad, they've only just appeared on my tomatoes, but my moroccan mint is covered. 
    Thanks for your reply. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,170
    Looking at the data sheet, I don’t think there’s anything in there at all,  I’ve read Amazon and Wilco reviews and everyone says it’s useless, and the bottles don’t work either.
    The greenfly drop to the soil when blasted then when they dry off they’re up and running again.
    I would stick with the washing up liquid, it’s working for me, this could be a bit of emperors new clothes.  
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Yeah, I read them reviews too. I'm glad I've joined this forum, I feel like there's safety in numbers!! 
    What kind of washing up liquid do you use Lyn!? 
    Hey guys, 

An update!! I've just been out and squished the bugs. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,466
    Excellent!  Hope they are running scared! Just keep an eye on things. As regards your question about washing up liquid, anything will do. Use around a teaspoon to 2 litres of water. 
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,532
    edited June 2019
    I think "surfactant" is anything which reduces the surface tension of water, or enables water and fat/oil to stick to each other.  Like soap and detergent.  That's why water with a squirt of WUL soaks wallpaper off better than plain water.  The surface tension of the water is reduced so it penetrates the paper more readily instead of just running off.
  • stewyfizzstewyfizz West BromwichPosts: 161
    josusa47 said:
    I think "surfactant" is anything which reduces the surface tension of water, or enables water and fat/oil to stick to each other.  Like soap and detergent.  That's why water with a squirt of WUL soaks wallpaper off better than plain water.  The surface tension of the water is reduced so it penetrates the paper more readily instead of just running off.
    I didn't know that about using WUL when removing wallpaper. Every day a school day and all that.
    Gardening. The cause of, and solution to, all of my problems.