Joys of warmer nights.

• JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 319
    Yikes Lyn. Much as I also suffer from numerous allergies, weepy eyes and the least sun I burn like toast I still love the Summer, mainly as the appartement sizes here in Paris are tiny so any use of my terrace feels like my living spaces Is doubled. 

Have to to admit that as a good Scot i tend to sit out here even in the middle of winter.... the neighbors and my work colleagues really do think I’m from a different planet, not just a different country.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,379
    Never mind the temperature, I love that it stays light longer so I can get more gardening done.  Yesterday I didn't even start until 5pm, got two hours work done before dinner.  
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,279
    How come I keep reading the thread title as ‘The joys of warmer tights’ 🤣 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,493
    I don't like warm nights - but my tomato plants do.  Win some, lose some.  I don't like hot days either - much prefer a cool-ish summer with plenty of rainy spells to keep the garden nice.
    Dove don’t know but it certainly changes the idea!

sorry JennyJ you can keep your showers.... unless they oblige and fall after I’ve gone to bed.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,567
    With over 50 tubs and baskets to water, I welcome rain, anytime 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

I can sympathize with the pots Lyn everything of mine is pots or troughs as I’m a terrace gardener. Unfortunately even when it rains I still need to water as the rain never seems to penetrate the jungle of leaves to reach the soil. You have made me think now, perhaps I should count the pots, or perhaps that might just scare me.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 1,493
    edited 1 June
    Dove don’t know but it certainly changes the idea!

sorry JennyJ you can keep your showers.... unless they oblige and fall after I’ve gone to bed.
    Send yours round to my place  :D
    Lol I’m due some on Tuesday will see how I can waft the clouds your way Jenny. Here are a couple of photos from my terrace tonight, all set for nibbles and a nice chilled glass of wine. 26degrees inside but only 22outside so better to bat watch than tv watch me thinks!
    Type your commentbetter with the photos!