Joys of warmer nights.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,434
    I think we have had a stonking summer before the end of June, then it's not so bad.
  • BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 807
    On the final Friday of the month we gather in the church which doubles as our village hall for an informal social event. Last night we were outside, drinking wine, shooting the breeze, listening to bird song and watching the light fade across the valley. It was bliss.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 319
    Sounds lovely picidea. Fire the weather for here in Paris is supposed to be up and down like a yo-yo for the next two weeks... crazy hot today and tomorrow and back down to 15 and rain by Tuesday...... so I’ll take the nice evenings when I can.
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,781
    It's so lovely having warm light evenings! I sit and pond watch in the evening 😊
    Also running out of space in my garden meant the only place I had to plant my night scented stock seeds was in a window box, they thrived and are now a rambling cascade of perfume come the evening, with the evening light they are almost ultra violet! It perfumes the whole terrace and if I open the kitchen window it fills the house! A very happy accident of too few pots but one I'll be repeating!! 😀
    Oh that sounds lovely. I did not plant any this year but I have a jasmine which is wafting it’s perfume all over the terrace at the moment.
    That must smell fabulous! The stocks were a total accident as much of my gardening is! I'll have top take a picture in the evening.
    edited 1 June
    Oh that would be lovely womble please share... we can imagine the scent better if we can see the flowers.  I’m tidying up and power washing later in preparation for a birthday lunch on the terrace tomorrow. It’s so hot out there I need to keep coming in to browse the internet.... possibly for some new ideas for the terrace layout....hubby will hate me if I want stuff moved around again!
    Haha Jacqui! It's so hot out there it's very sensible to do it in small doses! 😉 I hope you have a lovely birthday lunch tomorrow, what a gorgeous weekend for it! 😀
    Thanks womble. Settled for hoovering the terrace rather than getting out the karcher, less work! I’m just going to organise the pots to have a bit more space around the table, other than that I’ll give the men of the house a break and settle for a nice salad out here under the newly washed parasol for a lunchtime reward today. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,557
    edited 1 June
    Am I the only one who prefers winter? I flag in the heat like a wilted plant, neither of us like warm nights, we have the window wide open and have to make a wire mesh frame as there’s no telling who will come through the window, (it’s a bungalow.)  squirrels sit on the sill, birds nesting just below. F
    and just to moan a bit more, I have Sjogrens and Blethritis so my eyes are very sore in the heat, I can’t afford £40.00 a month for the contact lenses so only wear them on really hot days.  
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.