Biting off more than you can chew

• HouseFinchHouseFinch British Columbia, Canada (Zone 5)Posts: 281
    Thank you for the compliments. It is good to know there is a word for it :)
  • Red mapleRed maple Posts: 163
    It's all looking really good, HouseFinch. Well done.
    Sure we said, we will leave the pergola until fall; we said, let's just sit back and enjoy the yard....Yeah, right.
    So close. Only chipping away at it in the morning, as it gets too hot in the afternoon when the kids nap.
    Loving my bee balm, Christmas firn and echinacea. Grabbed a light purple-blue scabiosa from the back border and tucked it in behind the bee balm. When it blooms it will match the other one on the opposite side of the paving.
    Every time I find a violet when renovating, I move it to the front of my flower beds to fill out more greenery. Hopefully I have all the seasons covered and will get plenty blooming all year long.

Every day I am out hunting for seed heads to harvest to fill in my empty spaces.
    This was yesterdays seed collection.

Thunderstorm all night. Birds are happy today though. Suspect there are a lot of babies learning to fly today.
    Crocosmia Prince of Orange and late Lucifer transplants flowering today.
    Brickwork almost finished.
    Brickwork complete.

• EricaheatherEricaheather North West uk Posts: 197
    Gorgeous! 
    Update:
    Cosmos planted with the beets, and shading the carrot/radish row.
    Backyard sunflower row. Temporary fencing is to help the dog learn the boundaries.

• bullfinchbullfinch Posts: 209
    Beautiful gardens @HouseFinch , keep posting the pictures, I love seeing other people's gardens! 🙂
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,533
    Just beautiful 😍. Love seeing what you have achieved 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Also glad to find there is a word for my impromptu weeding/clipping/staking sessions.  Trouble is, my pootling always seems to occur when I have my best clothes on and am heading out somewhere where mucky fingernails are frowned upon 😳🤪
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.