Hanging Basket Bracket - 10 inches between holes

Hi folks,

looking to source a few hanging basket brackets to replace current ones which have become badly corroded over time. I'd like to replace with one that has the same distance between the two holes so we do need to drill yet more holes in the wall :D

Does anyone have suggestions where to get brackets with a 10 inch gap between the holes? 

/Mark

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,892
    I’ve renewed brackets for years, never yet found one where the holes line up.😀
    The only thing is to measure between the holes and look in the garden centres, Amazon or eBay may tell you if you write to them first. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• KiliKili Posts: 114
    Mark, have they corroded or are they just rusty. I bought some metal brackets for hanging baskets which were plastic coated. The plastic eventually cracked and broke off and the bracket rusted. I stripped the plastic off got a tin of black Hammerite from B&Q and there now as good as new.
    Can you do that. Cheaper than new.

Regards
    Kili

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• mark.corkerymark.corkery Posts: 2
    Great idea Kili, but yes, totally corroded and coming apart like pastry so no option but to replace them.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,076
    Don't waste money on plastic coated brackets, they never last very long. Get some decent cast iron ones and just re-drill one of the holes in them to suit your wall fixing positions.