Leaf Miners

Morning All
I currently grow veg for personal consumption at home, these include Beetroot (my favorite), Carrots, potatoes (Charlotte variety) and Swiss Chard spinach, unfortunately I am having an issue with Leaf miners on my beetroot and spinach and was wondering if anyone has any advice or remedies or good organic pesticides that they have used to help get rid or stop them, so far I have cut away all the leaves with eggs and larvae but this gets rid of this lot but need to try and find a way to prevent them, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,736
    I find that usually leaf miners do a little damage, but not too much and rarely do I need to remove leaves.
    I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to see eggs of leaf miners on the plants, they are exceptionally small, but maybe you have much better sight than me :)

Could you post some photos to give us a better idea of the problem?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • SaffaTrevorSaffaTrevor Posts: 3
    Hi Pete.8 thanks, I will take some pics and add them so you can have a look and see  what you think.

• SaffaTrevorSaffaTrevor Posts: 3
    Hi Pete.8 here are a few pics of the leaves of my swiss chard and beetroot leaves.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,736
    Maybe they are miner eggs. It's not a problem I've had, so I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone will be along who knows, but if it's just some minor (sorry!) leaf damage I'd not be too concerned.
    Neem oil is often suggested - it's completely organic and works by covering whatever the pest is with an oily emulsion.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.