Miniature White cucumbers from Plants of Distinction

I've grown some Miniature White cu's (see above).  They're looking fabulous and I don't want to trouble the Plants of Distinction guys again, so can anyone tell me if these are male or female please, as it's my first yr growing. Thank you :).

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,943
    You can see a tiny cucumber on the females, the males are just the flower and nothing behind it, just it’s little stem. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,864
    edited 29 May
    I can't seen anything - try reducing the photo size if it won't upload.  However, with all plants in this family, male flowers have a thin stem connecting it to the plant and female flowers have a longer, thicker stem which is the young fruit.
    See photo near top of this page:

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,943
    Bob, I didn’t mean all can see, I meant the OP can see! 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,864
    Hi Lyn, I thought the OP meant to upload a photo and was trying to help - your post wasn't there when I posted. :D
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Thank you Lyn and Bob :) I don't know what an OP is ? Do either of you know if the "Miniature White" could have just female flowers or just male flowers, or do all cucumbers have both ? I'll keep an eye for the male if you feel it could have some as I read something about picking the male one's off as soon as you're sure they're male. Is that right ?   I understand I need to put some sort of frame/sticks/netting for them to climb up, so keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow as I need to get all the tom plants out the greenhouse, do some moving around of staging, get the net hooked up somehow and everything back in.  All in the space of an hr while keeping an eye on my stepfather too :) So if it's dry it'd be a much nicer working environment than getting drenched :)