Kent Garden Show 2019

Paul NPaul N Bearsted, KentPosts: 300
My wife and I visited the Kent Garden Show yesterday getting there not long after they opened at 9.30. Situated around an vast oval path our aim was to walk around it clockwise to the entrance, then retrace our steps in the opposite direction. It was pretty warm and the crowds became stifling and by 2pm, we gave up the unequal struggle and left. However not before spending far far more than we intended. One particular stand had some drop-dead-gorgeous shrubs which I just had to buy, some of which were completely new to me, but the 'mother plants' won me over. Here is the list - Deutzia 'Strawberry Fields', Iochroma Australis, Weigela 'Naomi Campbell', Gardenia 'Kleim's Hardy', and Leptospermum 'Martini'. I bought a Trachelospermum jasminoides for our daughters garden, and my wife bought a pair of Alstromeria 'Ruby' and 'Friendship'. Whilst they are currently labelled, I have noted down their names in my gardening diary. A very interesting collection.

• 1634 Racine1634 Racine Posts: 369
    Hi Paul.  Out of interest where was the show?  I’m on Kent/Sussex birder and didn’t see it advertised anywhere.
  • Paul NPaul N Bearsted, KentPosts: 300
    As ever, it was at the Kent County Show Ground at Detling. This weekend, the show ground hosts the Kent County Show, but it'll be far too hot for me so we're heading for Hampton Court. We must be mad!