Get a hobby!

124»

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,626
    I understand why you are upset @Guernsey Donkey2, and l think most people on the forum would completely understand it. 
    I would hope that your siblings didn't mean to upset you, they were just being thoughtless as siblings (and even friends) can be at times. I don't wish to tell you how to deal with your family, but please don't do anything hasty. Before you know it, so much time has gone by, people loose touch and no one can quite remember the reasons for it. Life is too short.
    Let's just say l know someone who hasn't seen their brother and sister for many years, nobody can recall the reason why. They are all in their later years now, and won't see each other again as they are all in poor health. I know at least one of them regrets that.
    Apologies, l didn't mean to preach.  :)
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,155
    Nobody is useless islander.  We all have something to offer no matter how great or small - without doubt you are doing good for the abandoned babies in Nepal, giving them a glimmer of hope through your act of kindness.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,073
    And alongside your marvellous knitting @islander you are part of a community here providing gardening advice and general friendship and sage support 😉 to many folk ... I think that’s a very useful contribution to society 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,274
    My mum has a similar relationship with knitting, she is 95 and almost blind, but she can still knit blanket squares.  She says it stops her falling asleep while she listens to her talking books; it doesn't always!  She can turn out three squares on a good day.  As far as possible we buy the wool from charity shops, so that's doing a bit of good, and once a month we take a bin bag full of squares to the children's hospice, where they have volunteers who sew them into blankets.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,073
    islander said:
    And alongside your marvellous knitting @islander you are part of a community here providing gardening advice and general friendship and sage support 😉 to many folk ... I think that’s a very useful contribution to society 😊 
      ah almost nothing I can give here!  
    Don't you believe it ... every one of us is important to the rest of us :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• KiliKili Posts: 117

Hope your health gets better, you just keep on enjoying your gardening and do what makes you happy. At the end of the road all we have left are our memories make as many as you can while you can and do what makes you feel good and happy and everyone else can go whistle.

Enjoy your gardening

Regards

Kili

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'