Apple Tree Problem

our apple tree was in full blossom and looked beautiful.  Now all the blossom has gone it looks like this.  Any idea what this could be and how to deal with it?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,705
    Can’t see anything, sorry.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • carolhayden1carolhayden1 Posts: 2
    I have added the three photos again but they still haven't appears here.  Any suggestions as to how I get them to show?

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,200
    Are you following the instructions at the head of the "discussions" list, where it says "How to upload a picture or embed social media"?   If that doesn't work, it may be because your photos are too big, so try  reducing them.

When I joined the forum, I could upload photos direct from the camera's memory chip, but for some reason I can't get that to work any more.  What works best for me is to save them to my PC's hard disk, then drag and drop them into the forum's text box.

In the meantime, about your apple tree: is this the first year you have had it?  If not, is it behaving differently from previous years?  From the tree's perspective, blossom is only a means to an end, to attract pollinating insects.  Once the flowers have been pollinated, the petals drop and the fruit begins to develop.