Long-handled lawn shears, horizontal not edging

Stephanie newish gardenerStephanie newish gardener Aberdeenshire/Moray coastPosts: 318
Hi
Can anyone recommend a decent make of long-handled lawn shears please? I have a good lightweight pair for edging, but the horizontal cutting pair are awful, the handles bump together hurting my knuckles and the blades don't close all the way along so they are pretty useless.
I've seen loads of edging shears but I need flat/horizontal blades to cut along the edge of the lawn by a wall and around the steps to the decking.  I have done it on my hands and knees with hedge shears but it takes ages as the lawn is very big.
There's a pair of Wilkinson Sword ones on Amazon but I'm not very trusting of Amazon reviews as you hear so much about fake ones.  I searched the forum but couldn't find anything specific so if anyone has a trusty pair they can recommend I'd be grateful!
Thanks

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,070
    I use Wilkinson ones and they're ok. I had to replace the nut with a nyloc nut as it kept coming loose every few minutes and I've had to spend a while reprofiling the edges to get them properly sharp but that's probably more my personal preferrence (and my terrible,coarse grass). They're probably 8 years old now so they might have changed a bit by now though.
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,140
    I too have Wilkinson Sword - they seem OK and handle tough grass but I find them very heavy in comparison to the edging shears.