On TV tonight, slow gardening

2»

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,641
    The name "flicker and pulse" gave me pause for thought as l suffer from migraine and hate all the flashing light stuff. I was recording it, but kept dipping in and out and there was a fair bit of speeded up stuff (only to be expected), so l ended up deleting it. There was a definite "Dark side of the Moon" vibe going on at the start !
    As Dove says Barry, the only thing to do is begin to watch it and make your mind up !  :)
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,933
    I've seen that before and think Thomas summed it up nicely for me.  It's the sort of thing you like, if you like that sort of thing. B)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    I recorded it so will watch at some point I thought it was going to be one of there silent / comment-less films they have occasionally been showing the stream train, and canal journeys were two I enjoyed particularly.

But I will give it a go can always switch it off. 

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,281
    I enjoyed watching it, but it didn't tell us anything that most gardeners don't already know.  
  • Jason millyJason milly Posts: 504
    I enjoyed it and learnt about photons taking million years to arrive to earth 
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 766
    Just watched it and there was a bit too much flicker for me at times but it just went to emphasise that nature isn't tidy and it takes us gardeners to tidy it up, I'm a bit of a traditionalist I like my veg plants in a straight line and use a measuring stick, I like my soil to look fresh and brown and weed free, and I would love a garden big enough to warrant sowing all of those seeds. Also I am looking forward to seeing a few more photons next week.
  • 1634 Racine1634 Racine Posts: 373
    Watched on i player a couple of days ago.  Was interesting but the weird soundtrack put me off a bit. Didn’t mind the flicker so much.

Thing that sticks with me
    most was how jealous I was of the greenhouse/potting shed.  How much easier would my life be sowing seeds like that rather than on windowsills!  And were they using those little biodegradable sowing bags in 9cm pots for cosmos?  Seemed quite efficient to me.  Might try that next year.