What piece of garden kit could you not be without?

• B3B3 Posts: 10,537
    My wallpaper scraper and my kneeling mat.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • AchtungAchtung Poole, Dorset. Posts: 159
    "wallpaper scraper"????? 
    Yes. It's just like a tiny hoe . Great for weeding between plants, slicing tops off pulmonaria when theyve finished, getting moss off paving slabs . It can also be used like a sharp trowel to get under weeds like geum urbanum. I could go on.....
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 598
    Kneeling mat for sure, but go for a Japanese razor hoe rather than wallpaper scraper.

https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/products/4603/cabon-steel-japanese-razor-hoe-left-handed/

And my green bucket.

Somewhere in the garden are two pair of glasses..I’ll find them one day I suppose.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,264
    Comfy seat and glass of wine / beer. All my best ideas come from this situation.
    Woke up again
    To my chagrin
    Getting sick and tired of
    Feeling sick and tired again
    edited 26 May
    The only way to find a lost tool is to buy a replacement. I'm not sure if it works for glasses though.

The razor hoe hasn't the precision of a wallpaper scraper and it would be no good for moss or getting under weeds.
  • Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    My wheelbarrow at the allotment when you have to move a ton or more of manure it really comes in handy :) also my long handled onion hoe keep it razor sharp and it's perfect for all those tight spaces without all the bending.

https://bulldoghandtools.co.uk/bulldog-clarice-flower-hoe-54-hardwood-handle-3238n

I have no connection with the above company and other similar products are available on the market. 🐗

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog
    I like the look of that one HH. I could then dispense with the mat!
  • ChivetalkingChivetalking Leigh-on-seaPosts: 992
    My edging shears are my favourite accessory, owning a small garden I find these hand shears give a neat clipped finish to the lawn and stepping stones. They also double up as a good weed lever when I’m going round and can snip off young stems when passing too. 
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,135
    If only I could manage with a hoe, wallpaper scraper and edging shears  
    My gardening is mostly 'fire fighting' (put that in quotes to avoid misinterpretation) and my favourite tools are a garden fork and a hand trowel. They are inseparable companions. Their new best friend is a mattock.

Does this qualify as 'extreme gardening' ? Always fancied a go at something extreme but avoided extreme ironing - too much like work  :D