Forum home The potting shed

IN OR OUT OF SHOT (In the interest of full disclosure)

B3B3 Posts: 18,694

Any one else or is it just me?
In London. Keen but lazy.

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,387
    I do!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,694

No  it's  what you leave  out  of the pic. That's  not  mess. It's  work  in progress. . 
    Mess  can  be found on  another  thread 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,229
    I'd have hidden the hose pip and the broom and the stuff on the bench.  Mess is mess.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    I know.   Picky, but B3 will know not to be offended.   When i'm ready to post some "afters" I'll make sure to post the "befores".
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    I find  garden  gallery  a little  intimidating  so I thought  I'd  start  this one. No offence  taken at all😊
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,426
    If I was putting up images of the garden I would tidy 'stuff' out of the way first.  If I was doing images of the work in progress I would happily leave all the tools and ancilliary bits of kit on show.
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,972
    Yes, always like this. I take photos of what looks good to me in person and then I notice things in photos... and crop and crop... sometimes it produces something presentable, sometimes it doesn't. We live with a deformed view of the world.
     Thanks @edhelka. You  got the point!

My camera lets me choose the view finder with just one eye or the screen image like on a phone.  I find I get better composition with the former as I notice more and the beauty of digital is you can take several shots at different focal lengths and angles and then just ditch the really bad ones.

I know what you mean about the gardens thread.  It'll be along while before anything here is good enough to put on there except for an occasional close up - far too much work to do making new beds, improving the soil conditions in existing ones and also finding what grows best.  All very different from my last garden as I left it but that too was a blank canvas when I started.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 666
    Ohh b3 I’m just in love with your garden. Your Lillie’s are so tall already! And it’s just wonderful to know that your assortment of pots is like mine, no huge expanse of perfectly matched stuff, just wonderful containers for your vast array of plants. I’m so in awe I didn’t even notice the hose pipe etc until I read the comments lol..... <3