propagating rhubarb by potting and planting out into field

Has anyone had experience digging rhubarb root, cutting it up into small pieces and planting into one gallon pots for growing out in a greenhouse for about 6-8 weeks. I then plants them out into the field. I did this this spring and got almost 150 plants from three plants that I transplanted out in early april.  The plants look vigorous and further along than my experience in planting larger pieces of root directly in the field. I am wondering how productive these plants will look next year when I start harvesting. I am looking to expand my planting and this seems to be promising

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,618
    I would only take very minimal stalks from your plants next year. They will still be very young plants. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,015
    I just sow mine from seed.  I had sticks in the first year, didn’t pick them but good in the following year. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 636
    How small did you cut the roots? I need to get around 50 Rhubarb plants quickly I've always split each plant into 3 or 4 and replanted but small pieces does sound much faster as a way to multiply.