Book recommendation Nick Bailey

I suppose this is classed as a no-no, but I will advertise it anyway.  I was lent a book called 365 Days of Colour in your Garden by Nick Bailey and thought it was just "another" gardening book.  However I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not only full of gorgeous pictures but also very informative.
The idea is to have beautiful plants and flowers succeeding one another, so as one dies off another pops up next to it, ensuring continual colour all through the year.  The colours of the plants compliment each other and there is never a gap in the flower beds.  My only gripe would be that some of the plants are not native, and would be difficult to find in your bog standard GC.  However, there was plenty to interest me in the book and I just love gardening books with colourful pictures.  My OH went to Nick's talk when he visited the island promoting this book.

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,409
    That's not advertising, that's a helpful recommendation; thank you. 

Some while ago we had a thread where we all posted our favourite gardening books.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,482
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've checked and it's in stock at my local library... might pop along there in a little while :smile:
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero