• cindyspeedfreakcindyspeedfreak East SussexPosts: 20
    Thank you Annie.  Very kind of you. 
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,881
    No problem  :)
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 963
    Lovely @AnniD 😧.
    SW Scotland
  • SlumSlum Posts: 266
    Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding. Some of the comments here are about it being judged as a garden. My understanding was that it is a plant display showing how great some seed heads look. Useful if you’re planning a planting scheme. I thought it a really interesting idea that looked great.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,262
    I loved the idea too ... I try to choose perennials that have year round value in the garden, including seedheads in autumn and winter ... this display gave me even more possibilities to think about 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,918
    Yes.  Attractive, shapely, architectural forms in seed heads extend the season of interest and the bonus is you can harvest the seeds or the seedlings and have free plants.  What's not to like?

Far too many people think gardening is about flowers but it's so much more - form, texture and colour in bark, stems, foliage and flowers plus perfume and also food and shelter for insets and birds and small mammals.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • cindyspeedfreakcindyspeedfreak East SussexPosts: 20
    Obelixx I agree with all that. I suppose because it's called The Chelsea FLOWER Show I expected it to be about flowers. I'm reasonably new to gardening so I still have a lot to learn. I actually love taking photos of foliage and bark. 
  • WillDBWillDB Posts: 1,947
    edited 23 May
    I'm a big fan of winter seed heads, but it's a bit jarring seeing them in May. In December, with a bit of hoar frost and a low sun they would be a beautiful sight.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,918
    Spring and summer seed heads are good too.  just think of all those lovely fluffy or silky whorls on a clematis or a pulsatilla or the fairy castles of a nectaroscordum or the rattle of an oriental poppy.   Frosted seed heads are great in winter and yes, it is a bit jarring to see them all grouped in May but if it makes people look more closely that has to be good.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,372
    It reminds me of the dried plants you find with Victorian taxidermy.
    In London. Keen but lazy.