Paving motif pattern for 3 sizes of slab.

I am looking for a paving pattern or motif, similar to French/Roman/Opus tile pattern but it has to work with just 3 sizes: 1200x600, 600x600 and 900x600.

I have a totally random pattern for a 4.8x5.6m rectangle, but this can't easily be repeated without a long unbroken joint.

Cheers!

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,914
    Try Marshall's web site. They used to have paving patterns. Either that or sit down with some squared paper and draw your own. Have no more than 3 joins in a run. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 487
    www.pavingexpert.com  might be helpful
  • richard_markhamrichard_markham Posts: 15
    edited 22 May
    I was hoping to find an online tool for doing this... Found a random pattern generator but it didn't work with just 3 sizes.... :/

I'll try and work out something on Sketchup!

Have posted on Pavingexpert too...
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,778
    Pieces of paper, cut to the scale of you slabs.  Shuffle till it pleases then glue to a card and use that as your guide.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Just had another measure, the side terrace can go out to 3m at the narrow part and 3.7m at the widest. 13m long.
  • This is with a slightly wider lower terrace and the chairs pulled out! The table is big at 2.5m x 1.2m
    There is nothing, other than adding another 14sq m of paving, stopping me continuing the lower terrace all the way along to the full length, but I think I like the stepped back look better. Not sure I would make much use of such a large area.

• Ignore my last 2 posts, wrong thread.... it's been a long day on the digger....