Leaning posts on pergola any ideas to disguise or straighten?

Hi there I posted a while back concerning my pergola and I am back again with another question, the first thing to say is it structurally sound (or I hope so!) and doesn't move at all in any direction but I've noticed that three of the supporting posts are leaning towards the right by varying degrees, you can really notice it on one of them when you look at it.
I am not taking this down unless its permanent as it takes so so long to do so and I did that in January and do not want to repeat it, my questions are is that a way to disguise this as I believe its integrity is good or the way to straighten, I have to be careful there though as I wouldn't want to stress the concrete in which the post holder are on and in turn crack the base in which the post holder and supporting post is on!
The picture provided is the worst offender, many thanks.

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,462
    Normally l would suggest planting climbers to disguise the lean, but that could be a bit tricky in this case. Hopefully someone will have an idea  :)
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,090
    Same as AnniD I would've suggested planting climbers to cover it if there was a planting pocket at the base.
    Maybe if you painted them in a darker colour they wouldn't stand out as much, and the slight lean would be less noticable.
  • miffxtcmiffxtc Posts: 17
    I know its a shame there isn't one, I was initially going to do that but need the concrete base for the post holders, many thanks.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,916
    I think the only solution is as suggested - paint the uprights a dark colour. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
    Thank you, its an option, I've just undone the braces to see if I could pull slightly to the left to correct, I don't think it too much other than cost me time and a couple of pieces of timber.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,328
    They look perfectly straight to me in the photo. Have you measured them with a spirit level?  I'm with the others, the uprights would look much better painted a darker colour and the square pot thingies.
    I've done all the measurements and they're slightly out, I could change the colour but that would require a whole lot of sanding and taking most of it down again!